Sunday, November 4, 2007

Shocked and Awed

I am stupified by the endorsement the Clarion Ledger made this morning of Phil Bryant. I had them pegged-after ignoring Mr. Franks record and lack of actual achievements in the legislature, plus the fact that most of his co-workers despise him-as stooping to worship at the altar of the Champion of the Little Man.

The editorial reads like a concession that they know Bryants' going to walk Tuesday. Heck, they can read the cards just like I can-and when a candidate can't win an internet poll run by his own hometown TV station, the cards say that dude should fold.

Still, I'm disappointed with the coverage they-and the Daily Journal, and the Sun Herald-have put into this race. Had they actually run stories highlighting Mr. Franks and his...shall we say...somewhat coarse personality and his more ludicrous acts, this race wouldn't be within 30 points, much less 10. Of course, Gannett and the Journal won't run certain stories, because they might damage the credibility of their political allies. That, of course, is why this blog exists.

So the endorsement kind of baffles me. I guess they're going for reverse psychology. I know this morning there was lots of crying from the Franks people. Imagine their reaction when they lose out on another endorsement Tuesday.

No comments: