Saturday, April 16, 2016

Our Greatest Investigative Journalist

Jerry Mitchell, Mississippi's Greatest Investigative Journalist (TM), has a twitter.

And like all of our esteemed media in Mississippi, he is up in arms about allowing guns in church.  He tweeted out this afternoon a picture of the New Bethel Church celebrating being allowed to carry in the church house.  He's sending the picture out to show how ignorant all these Mississippi yokels are, ha ha ha!  Look at the dummies with their NRA stickers in the parking lot!    


There's just one problem. Ok, two.

The first is the picture wasn't even taken this decade.  A quick google image search by Mississippi's Greatest Investigative Journalist (TM) would have revealed it was taken in 2009.  I say this because of the number of fake meme generators out there has gotten to the point where my default assumption is "if it looks to good to be true, it probably is."

And the other thing Mississippi's Greatest Investigative Journalist (TM) missed?

The picture is from Kentucky.

I know how you feel, Jerry.  I've been taken in by images, too.  But then, I'm not Mississippi's Greatest Investigative Journalist (TM).  I'm not the one who's virtue has to be signaled.  And I'm not the one who has to show all of his colleagues that "I'M NOT LIKE THOSE PEOPLE."

I'll leave you all with this thought from Jerry, Mississippi's Greatest Investigative Journalist (TM):




I guess an accurate one would be nice, too.

No comments: