Thursday, July 24, 2008

Priorities

Give speech to enthusiastic German crowd, in hopes of winning their votes? Sure, greenlight it (I'm assuming that he does know that Germans can't vote in November. Does he?).

Visit troops stationed in Germany, including those wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan? Sorry, got to get to my Nautilus machine.

Think I'm kidding? Oh, I wish I was.

1:42 p.m.: SPIEGEL ONLINE has learned that Obama has cancelled a planned short visit to the Rammstein and Landstuhl US military bases in the southwest German state of Rhineland-Palatinate. The visits were planned for Friday. “Barack Obama will not be coming to us,” a spokesperson for the US military hospital in Landstuhl announced. “I don’t know why.” Shortly before the same spokeswoman had announced a planned visit by Obama.
From Der Speigel, the German magazine.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,567821,00.html

No comments: