Monday, September 1, 2008

I Have Had Enough

Normally, I just let it roll like water off a ducks back, but I can't take it anymore. I've put up with it until I just can't take it anymore.

I'm sick of it, Peter King.

Yes, I know that the Greater Montclair Region in New Jersey is the center of the Universe, with all sorts of eccentri in orbit around it: Starbucks, nude gay performance art, John Edwards rallies, anything you could want.

I'm just tired of the condescention. Today was the last straw.

A week or two ago, Cultural Anthropologist that he is, King observed that the TVs in the Jackson Airport (where he undoubtedly was bemoaning the recent closure of the Madison and Jackson Starbucks) were tuned into the Speed Network instead of ESPN. Further, he was shocked that there was no discussion of the Yankees-Red Sox series. Truly, he must have felt as if he was in Deepest, Darkest Africa. I wonder if he marveled that everyone was wearing shoes.

But the last straw was the quote today from some Metrosexual in Alaska, bemoaning that while they might have the next Vice-President, they don't have a single Olive Garden.

Boo freaking hoo.

I realize that you can barely function without your morning fix of crack, I mean, Starbucks latte, Pete, but those of us who aren't from a major metropolitan area don't hurt because we don't have a $5.00 coffee. We can make it without the overpriced coffee and the overpriced entrees that we'd get at the Olive Garden. I suppose its shocking that we've made it this long on Johnny's Drive-In, Gurley's Restaurant, and Evergreen Fish and Steak.

Save your sympathy for people who actually need it. And while you're at it, leave the John Edwards cheerleading out.

No comments: