Saturday, July 12, 2008

Another Universe Heard From

Jere Nash is blaming the Bush administration for the economy. I suppose that's as surprising as me having a headache on Saturday morning.

He puts the president at fault for the IndyMac bank closing. And I guess, when you live in one of Jackson's trendy liberal enclaves, you miss all of this stuff:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121581435073947103.html?mod=hps_us_whats_news

I find this quote very interesting, Jere:


In a written statement, the Office of Thrift Supervision, which regulated IndyMac, said "the immediate cause" of the failure was statements made by Sen. Charles Schumer, a New York Democrat. Mr. Schumer in late June publicly raised concerns about the bank's solvency.

"Although this institution was already in distress, I am troubled by any interference in the regulatory process," said OTS Director John Reich.

Did ya catch that, Jere? A little Democratic grandstanding is OK, though, right? It's all to stop the corrupt and inept Bush administration, right?

I really hope somebody will post that quote on Jere's blog.

No comments: